Boutique In-Charge of a Fashion Shop
Keep 3 boutiques ready for customer visits at all times.
Learning about working of Garment Industry, hands-on experience of in-store display marketing, improving inter-personal relations and communication
Context of the need:
Rangoli has 3 local showcase areas: our space in La Boutique d’Auroville (Visitor’s Center) that displays most of our collections, our KidinMi space at the Ma Pondi Cherie concept store in Pondy for the new Kids’ collection and our on-site boutique at the Rangoli workshop for our premium and luxury collections. Our workshop area has also been carefully thought out both in terms of functional work flow, and in terms of welcoming and educating visitors to the atelier. All these areas need ongoing supervision to be maintained at an optimum level of organization and presentability.
Please click on the link Rangoli for more information.
Goal & expected outcome to achieve:
We would like someone with a refined visual sensibility, eye for detail and the ability to supervise and be well organized to step in and keep these areas in tip-top shape, and ready for customer visits at all times.
Position & role of the volunteer in the unit and in relation with other actors:
- Daily presence at the workshop to maintain the appearance and functionality of the boutique area as well as the workshop spaces.
- Once a week, or once a fortnight visits to our boutiques at Visitor’s Center and Pondicherry to monitor their appearance and displays.
- Assist Prema Florence Isaac with on-site customer interactions.
- Maintaining the condition of the office and make note of opportunities for improvement..
- Co-ordinate with workers, staff and executives at all locations
- Communicate maintenance requirements with staff and supervise cleaning activities as necessary.
Conditions & practical details :
- 6 months, 20 - 40 hours per week
- First 2-3 months is on a volunteer basis
- For newcomer or Aurovilian, a maintenance may be available after probation.
Morning hours 9.30am -1pm
Afternoon hours 1-30pm to 5.30pm
-Willingness to work hard and learn on the job -Attention to detail -Desire to produce high-quality work
No Software Specified
Number of volunteers needed: 1