Daily tasks: To take part in the construction of bamboo projects, in collaboration with experienced designer/architect/technicians/workers at the bamboo centre. Once the training is provided, different challenges/tasks will be identified for the volunteer, in keeping with the vision of bamboo centre.
- Environmental education
- Indian Culture
- Informal education (for adults)
- Primary & Secondary Education
- Professional & vocational Training
- Spirituality & Integral Yoga
- Sri Aurobindo & Mother
- Ayurveda & Eastern Medicine
- Dentistry & Allopathic Medicine
- Public Health & Nutrition
- Veterinary & Animal welfare
- Yoga, Wellness & Therapies
- Coastline protection
- Farming & Permaculture
- Forests, Ecology & Bio-diversity
- Land & water preservation
- Seed conservation
- Catering & Hospitality
- Crafts, Textiles & Fashion
- Food Production
- Media Communication
- Social Enterprise
- Tourism & Travel
- Communication & outreach
- Customer service and front desk
- Data collection and interviews
- institutional relatoinship
- Teaching and training
7 Opportunities for type : Labouring and construction
Daily tasks: Volunteers will take part in all aspects of developing the housing and garden. They will take part in the construction of bamboo huts, in collaboration with experienced workers of the Bamboo center. They will work on the development of the garden, using permaculture principles. After a period of time, a committed volunteer could take over the coordination of the project.
Daily tasks: A variety of jobs on the field (planting, mulching, harvesting, nursery and seed saving), CSA production and delivery, help with cooking at the café. As your relationship to the farm deepens you are encouraged to find a specific area of focus : the café, media, art, seed bank, research...
Daily tasks: The volunteers will participate in building capsules (similar to pyramid shaped hut, with palm leaf roofing, raised on pillars). Besides, they will be involved in cleaning the forest, preparing the plantation of saplings, water harvesting and gardening.