Food growing for self-sufficiency
Although more closely associated with the work in the kitchen garden, the volunteer will, like everyone else who lives in Buddha Garden, participate in the morning work sessions 6.15 – 9.00am every morning Monday to Friday. Work takes place in the kitchen garden at this time only if there are enough volunteers for the other farm work. For the kitchen garden there are two or three extra sessions either 10.00 – 12.30pm or 4.00 – 5.30pm according to need. Volunteers sign up for two extra sessions in addition to the morning work sessions.
The project is an excellent opportunity to get a knowledge through a full experience "on site", as it is commonly learned in Auroville.
- The minimum stay is two weeks and you can stay as long as you like.
- The contribution to Buddha Garden is in work and in money
- The work contribution made by everyone who stays in Buddha Garden is 6.15-9.00am every day Monday to Friday.
- The financial contribution for the first four weeks is Rs 250/person/day and includes; your accommodation, contribution to Auroville, breakfast Monday to Friday and wifi internet connection. This reduces Rs 150/person/day for the rest of the time after that.
- Volunteers have access to a common kitchen and cycles are available to rent for Rs 30/day.
Morning hours 6-15am 9am
Afternoon hours 4pm 5.30pm
Experience of working in an organic grade. Good physical condition. Autonomous, able to plan and carry out activities with others. Sense of rustic life, willing to live with basic conditions.
No Software Specified
Number of volunteers needed: 2