Junior Textile Supervisor
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Check production output according to specifications
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
Much insight in one of the most highly regarded natural dye units in the world. An understanding of how such an artisanal kind of production really works, on the ground. There is room to grow and to take on more responsibility for the right persons, as we continue to expand
Context or the need
The unit is very busy with large orders of very detailed work and there is a need for extra support
Position and Role of the Volunteer
Assistant in various areas of the unit
Goal & expected outcome
To help improve customer, supplier and employee communications, with the long-term aim to streamline production work processes for increased efficiency, less errors and better documentation, but we have many different smaller tasks to offer too.
- To support the overall improvement of our tailoring processes.
- Set in accordance with the general manager, weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees as well as follow up.
Conditions & Support
- volunteer contribution for Aurocard.
- lunch – Solar Kitchen or other scheme.
- Dinner – some expenses covered.
- Lodging – can cover cost for, within reason.
- Vehicle – e.g. Kinsi scheme or fuel reimbursement
Morning hours Ideally full days. Normally all weekdays and Saturdays 9am-5pm with lunch break and tea breaks
Curiosity and the capacity to learn. No experience needed but having some in the textile sector is an advantage. Experience of office administration and/or managerial work useful. Understanding of how organisations and businesses work. Theoretical as well as hands on experience of process analysis and change management in a business setting, creating flow charts of inputs and outputs, etcetera a definite advantage. Ideally experience from manufacturing related to textiles. Communicative team player. Hands on and practical applicants much welcome.
No Languages Specified
No Software Specified