You want to volunteer, share your goodwill, profession, knowledge
You are older than 18 years, and you want to engage in a voluntary assignment in Auroville? You are most welcome! Please let us know how you wish to help so we can find the perfect place for you.
Look at the the opportunities Auroville has to offer. Below you can find the latest projects that are looking to welcome a volunteer; or you can browse the many units that offer a volunteering placement by selecting an Area and Type of Volunteering work.
- Communication and documentation
- Making films and video editing
- Social Media management
- Report writing and fundraising
- Designer for the social entreprise supported by AVAG
- Marketing the product of the social entreprise
Auroville Institute of Applied Technology (AIAT) is located at Irumbai and Aurobrindavan reopened again from the 1st of October onwards as per guidelines of the Government of Tamilnadu. AIAT is open to having volunteers to assist our new students to improve their skills on the basic level of English, Maths and Computer.
We would be happy to welcome volunteers who are interested and willing to offer their service to the above-highlighted subjects
Auro Orchard is the oldest and the second largest farm of Auroville, started with the vision and blessings of the Mother in 1969. Today the 44-acre farm supplies a good part of Auroville’s organic vegetables, fruits, and the majority of the eggs produced by our farms.
Volunteers are expected to:
- Ideally, commit to full mornings, or otherwise to the regular timings: 1st session 7:00-9:00, 2nd session 9:30-12:00 (~11:30 in summer); this supports a positive team dynamic and effective work planning.
- Take responsibility for their work & learning; ask ‘how’ & ‘why’ if it isn’t clear – this helps us all to develop and improve over time.
- Follow health & safety principles, the current Section 144 requirements & the advice provided by the Covid 19 Taskforce & Working Committee.
Person will need to have most of the following knowledge base:
Theoretical or practical understanding of large scale earth excavation. Rain water harvesting.
Basic use of manual survey equipment to measure levels and slopes and instruct excavator drivers.
Good skill in collecting/collating data and information/research and correcting & preparing project reports for general use.
Basic ideas of social research and collaborate with professionals to prepare a report on it.
Willing to consider highly motivated and interested Architects and Civil Engineers who are interested in dedicating their time for this project 8 months full time.
Lunch and very basic accomodation for 8 months will be provided